Deadline: 6 Hours
Deadline: February 20, 2019
- Open to all persons born in 1985 and younger;
- Applicants should be from the following countries: Albania, Austria, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Bulgaria, Croatia, Greece, Hungary, Macedonia, Montenegro, Romania, Slovenia, Serbia, and Turkey;
- Applicants may be individuals or groups of creators. Each applicant may submit more than one entry.
The Young Balkan Designers theme for 2019 – “Circular Design” calls for design projects − products, concepts, services and scenarios that can bring the Balkans to the forefront of a much-needed paradigm shift in design, production, and consumption.
They challenge you to think about the circularity of the production process and how it can address the changing needs of product and services users, implementation of local skills and resources, the involvement of your immediate surroundings in problem-solving process and production, creating a positive impact, both on your local community and the rising global issues.
The YBD competition consists of 2 parts:
- Part 1
- Participation in the Talent Exhibition at Mikser Festival 2019 (30-40 projects)
- Touring exhibition at design festivals in the region (10-15 projects)
- Part 2
- Entering cooperation with regional furniture and product manufacturers (3-5 designers)
- Participation at Milan Furniture Fair 2020, at Salone Satellite (3-5 projects)
Criteria appreciated by the Jury are
- Potentials for circularity of product or its elements
- Socially engaging and innovative features of the project that enhance the quality of everyday life
- Rational production and transportation costs
- Innovative use of materials available locally
- Implementation of local knowledge and techniques
- The environmentally friendly production process, innovative use of recycled materials
- Significant social impact on the local community and global issues