Deadline: 2 Months
Deadline: May 20, 2019
The packaging should bring new solutions and present a visionary concept. The jury of the competition will evaluate primarily:
- Innovation and creativity
- Original construction
- Ergonomic design and easy manipulation (the packaging should work perfectly so that even an older person or child can easily open it)
- Ecological aspect
- Quality of the prototype
The Model Young Package is a competition focused on paper products. They accept prototypes of packaging made of corrugated or smooth cardboard and other paper materials.
The aim of the competition is to select winning designs (artworks) that best meet the assignment. For particularly successful designs, the Promoter can approach the author for completion and realization of the design for production. Over the past twenty years, the Model Young Package competition has been giving an opportunity to hundreds of designers all around the world to present their original ideas.
- Unlimited Category
- 1st place 2000 EUR
- 2nd place 1200 EUR
- 3rd place: 800 EUR
- High Schools Category
- 1st place 1200 EUR
- 2nd place 600 EUR
- 3rd place: 400 EUR
- Special prizes will also be awarded
- Innovation center Model Obaly Prize
- CZECHDESIGN Prize
- One winner will receive a 3-week paid internship at the Innovation center Model Obaly
- The competition is international, one-round, open and anonymous;
- Competitors can subscribe to the following categories:
- High schools – Students of secondary schools and colleges
- Unlimited – University students and designers of any age
- Participants artwork will be accepted if they have previously registered via the online registration form.
- The contestant submits their artwork as a functional model in a measuring scale of 1:1, the work must be a functional prototype, if it is openable, it must be able to open. The model must be made in high quality with consideration of the possibility of representation and exhibition purposes.
- Register for the competition here. You will fill in the contact details and a description of the artwork submitted. The description of the artwork will be available to the jury for the evaluation.
- After successful registration, competitors will receive a code by e-mail which must be written directly on the work (in the most elegant way) and on the envelope or packaging in which the artwork will be sent! In the case of multiple authors, the work is registered only once; there is space reserved for all authors in the registration form. In the case of multiple entries from one author, each entry must be registered separately.
- Sending the Artwork
- The artwork is sent by a delivery service packed in such a manner that it will not suffer any damage, therefore in a reasonably large box or envelope where it is secured. The competitor will write the code of their work on the envelope or package. The artwork must be submitted at the post office no later than the deadline of the competition (it is decided by the date of the stamp from the post office).
- The artwork is sent to the organizers at CZECHDESIGN, Vojtěšská 3, 110 00, Prague 1, Czech Republic. The artwork may also be handed in person, but only on the closing date between 14:00 and 18:00 at the same address.