Deadline: 1 Second
Deadline: February 15, 2019.
The IYF3 is focusing on the theme “Youth Creativity and Innovation in the Age of Media Arts” with objectives to:
- provide young people an opportunity to voice their interests and concerns on advancing creativity through the promotion of tangible and intangible cultural heritage towards a sustainable future, utilizing the Media Arts as tools and vectors for this purpose.
- seek to mobilize youth inclusion in the cultural and creative industries that promote our common heritage through the vast array of Media Arts.
The IYF3 is being organized to support approximately 120 youth participants experienced in creativity, media arts, literature as well as heritage promotion and preservation. In line with UNESCO’s Global Priority for Africa, the number of participants from African countries will be doubled to 20 at the IYF3. Furthermore, 10 participants, who are qualified with work experience and/or formal training in Media Arts and Design will be selected to take part in the “Experience Changsha Media Arts Residency Programme” to delve deeper into media arts and improve relevant techniques and knowledge.
- Open to young women and men between the ages of 18 to 30
- Applicants should come from a country along the terrestrial and maritime Silk Roads in Africa, Latin America and the Caribbean, Europe and North America, the Arab States, and the Asia and Pacific region
Experience Changsha Media Arts Residency Programme
The Experience Changsha Media Arts Residency Programme, as part of Changsha Media Arts Festival & International Youth Forum on Creativity and Heritage along the Silk Roads, is organized by Changsha Municipal People’s Government, with the support of UNESCO Beijing Office. The 2019 Residency Programme will last for one month, from 7 April to 3 May 2019 inclusive.
They invite qualified young artists, artistic entrepreneurs from UNESCO Media Arts cities, aged 18 to 30, with at least 2 years of work experience as well as students with formal training in Media Arts and Design to join the Program.
The Experience Changsha Media Arts Residency Programme aims to provide an opportunity for young artists to delve deeper into Changsha culture by:
- visiting Changsha’s cultural landscape; and,
- experiencing Changsha’s intangible cultural heritage (pottery making, paper-cutting, etc). Young artists will obtain a deeper knowledge about Changsha’s media arts development by:
- visiting representative media arts enterprises in Changsha through organized field trips; and,
- undertaking in-depth cultural exchanges and technical discussions with local entrepreneurs and artists.
Above all, young artists will realize their artistic ideas by:
- Bringing about an innovative transformation in a traditional community in Changsha; and,
- Modernizing intangible cultural heritage through media arts means;
Participants’ work will be showcased in the upcoming Changsha Media Arts Park and even be industrialized.
Applicants for the International Youth Forum on Creativity and Heritage along the Silk Roads (IYF3) should complete and return the application form and send it to email@example.com(link sends e-mail) by midnight Beijing time (GMT +8) on 15 February 2019.
Applicants for the Experience Changsha Media Arts Residency Programme should also complete the Application Form -Residency Programme and supporting documents and send them to firstname.lastname@example.org(link sends e-mail) by midnight Beijing time (GMT +8) on 15 February 2019.