Call for Submissions: 3D Hubs Student Grant 2019 (Win $1000 & turn your project into a product)
Deadline: 3 Months
Deadline: June 30, 2019
- For a project to be eligible, a physical prototype or product must be presented;
- Whole or part of the design must be fabricated through 3D printing. Components of the final assembly can be also manufactured through other (preferably digital) technologies, such as CNC machining.
- Submissions are accepted from both individual contributors and teams;
- All contributors must be either current students (in secondary, undergraduate or postgraduate education) or recent graduates that have completed their studies after July 2018.
3D Hubs encourages all students to submit their work for consideration. You can specify up to two categories in your application.
- Product Design: Consumer products, consumer electronics, gadgets, fashion, etc
- Robotics: Mechatronics, automation, electromechanical systems, 3D printing technologies, biomimetics, etc
- Sustainability: Renewable energy, green technologies, sustainable architecture, eco projects, humanitarian engineering, etc
- Transportation: Automotive, electric vehicles, alternative urban transport, aircraft, spacecraft, drones, etc
- Healthcare: Medical devices, prosthetics, implants, etc
- The winner of each category will receive:
- $1000 in grant funding to support their project
- Exposure to a global audience (powered by 3D Hubs)
- Technical support to turn their idea into a product
- The five finalists of each category will receive a copy of The 3D Printing Handbook and an official finalist certificate.
The submissions will be judged by a panel of engineers, designers, and entrepreneurs. The winners will be selected based on their presentation (40%), their innovation and potential impact of their project (30%), and their justification of the use of 3D printing (30%).