Global Landscapes Forum (GLF) 2019 Youth Competition – Win a fully-funded trip to Kyoto, Japan!
Deadline: 1 Second
Deadline: March 31, 2019
- Be a Speaker: Apply to win an all-expenses-paid trip to Kyoto.
- Have at least two years of experience being involved in climate action activities, including restoration, facilitating land-based investment, safeguarding rights, food, and nutritional security
- Have a passion for sharing your story
- Be an attendee: Apply to gain free entrance to the event.
- They’re looking for outstanding students or young professionals
- Be committed to bringing positive change to the world.
The event offers an opportunity to review the latest science, launch new initiatives and pitch innovative ideas for landscapes-based climate action. Sessions will tie U.N. climate policy processes to real action at the landscape level, exploring successful landscape approaches that support the fight against climate change and alleviate poverty for the most vulnerable. Join more than 350 participants, along with a global online audience in the thousands, for an exciting day of lively discussion, knowledge-sharing, and innovation at GLF Kyoto 2019.
About the Program
Connect, share, learn and act in Kyoto, Japan, with the Global Landscapes Forum (GLF), the world’s largest knowledge-based, multi-sector platform for sustainable landscapes. In accelerating action toward creating landscapes that are productive, prosperous, equitable and resilient, the GLF is building its reach to 1 billion people across the world. Together, through collaborative leadership, it will create a force for positive change by realizing a vision of what can be achieved by a global community working together.
GLF Kyoto will focus on sustainable landscapes as a critical part of the climate solution. Organized back-to-back with the 49th session of the Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change, released its new methodology report to refine current greenhouse gas emissions inventory guidelines, the event will bring together experts from academia, policy and practice in Kyoto, combined with a large digital outreach including online discussion forums and video messages around the world in different time zones. The event will cover practical and immediate actions for a climate-smart future, such as changes in trade, food production, investments, lifestyle and diet.
- Note – By applying as speaker, you will need to share the link to a video demonstrating your public speaking abilities, or tell us how you are tackling the climate challenge in a 60 second video.
- Note – By applying as audience, the only cost GLF will cover to selected candidates will be the registration fee to GLF Kyoto 2019.