UNESCO Prize for Girls’ and Women’s Education 2019 (Up to USD $50,000)
Deadline: 1 Day
Deadline: May 28, 2019
- Nominated projects must meet the eligibility and selection criteria set by the Prize;
- They must be established and running for at least two years;
- Show potential to be replicable and scalable and
- Contribute to one or more of the priority areas of the Prize.
The Prize contributes to two Sustainable Development Goals: “Ensure inclusive and equitable quality education and promote lifelong learning opportunities for all” (Goal 4) and “Achieve gender equality and empower all women and girls” (Goal 5).
Governments of the UNESCO Member States and non-governmental organizations (NGOs) in official partnership with UNESCO are now invited to nominate up to three individuals, institutions or organizations who have made strong contributions in favor of girls’ and women’s education.
- The Prize annually awards US$ 50,000 to two outstanding laureates.
Nominations must be submitted in English and French via the online platform, only accessible to the UNESCO Member States and NGOs in official partnership with UNESCO. Nominations will be assessed by an independent International Jury of five experts on the basis of the project’s potential for impact, innovation and sustainably.
For more information, visit the UNESCO Prize for Girls’ and Women’s Education.