UONGOZI Institute Leadership Essay Competition 2019 (USD $2,000 prize)
Deadline: 3 Days
Deadline: June 21, 2019
This year’s Competition aims to solicit thoughts on promoting good natural resource management for socio-economic transformation in Africa. The essays should respond to the following question: “If you were an African leader, how would you promote sustainable use of the renewable natural resources for fostering socio-economic transformation in Africa?”
- A grand prize of USD $2,000 will be awarded to the overall winner. Up to five winners will be selected.
- The winners will receive their awards at a prize-giving ceremony to be held during the African Leadership Forum Gala Dinner on August 29, 2019, in Dar es Salaam, Tanzania. The ceremony will be attended by former African Heads of State and other distinguished leaders from the public sector, private sector, academia, and civil society. The overall winner will be asked to read the winning essay at the event.
- Applicants must be African citizens between the age of 18 and 25 years.
- All essays must be typed. The maximum length is two (2) A4 pages. The format shall be of single-spaced, Arial font size 11 with page margins of 1 inch (2.54 cm) for each margin, and sent as a Microsoft Word document.
- Essays will be judged on the basis of originality, creativity, use of language and appropriateness to contest theme.
- All essays must be written in English.
Essays should be submitted by email to: email@example.com. Applicants must also submit a written Statement of Originality and ownership of intellectual property rights.