Millennium Oceans Prize on SDG 14 2019 (Win up to $5,000 for your campaign)
Deadline: 1 Second
Deadline: April 30, 2019
- Young leaders who have demonstrated the ability to galvanize peers and sustain active engagement for a full academic year.
- Although the campaigns will be time-bound, their impact should pave the way for the next series of student movements to transpire.
- Currently, they are accepting proposals for Campaigns in the categories of Oceans.
Millennium Oceans Prize on SDG 14 2019 is now open. The Millennium Oceans Prize is returning for its fifth year to support and celebrate students who are passionate about conserving, protecting, and sustainably using oceans, seas, and marine water and life.
The Millennium Oceans Prize targets Sustainable Development Goal 14 by celebrating youth activists who are focused on enriching their communities through advancing marine and freshwater conservation and sustainable use of marine resources. The Prize gives undergraduate students the opportunity to cultivate a community of peers who are just as much about the oceans and marine resources.
Here are the specifics:
- Up to $5,000 to implement your winning campaign.
- Mentorship and support from MCN.
- Co-curate campaign action groups, mobilizing and coordinating with peers who are passionate about SDG 14. Write for our media partners about your campaign.
- Co-curate global webinars with the MCN and the Remmer Family Foundation during the academic year to keep peers engaged and involved.
- The Millennium Oceans Prize is looking for campaign ideas that are concrete and can rally peers to mobilize in this sector. Applicants should think on how to engage youth leaders on other campuses and in communities across the globe to fight for and champion advocacy and leadership for the oceans, freshwater systems, sustainable fishing, and marine conservation.
- The campaign could take shape through activism, social entrepreneurship, or research.
Submit your idea by filling out the Millennium Oceans Prize Application. Finalists will be invited to submit additional information in June.
- Priority Deadline April 30, 2019
- Final Deadline May, 31, 2019