The Experiment Digital Programme 2019 for Young Leaders (Fully-funded)
Deadline: 1 Second
Deadline: May 20, 2019
Eligible applicants are
- Between the ages of 14-19 years old;
- Currently enrolled in or have not yet completed high school;
- Resident in the United States, Algeria, Iraq, or Yemen;
- Have basic English language competency;
- Have regular access to the Internet;
- Can devote 3-4 hours each week to the programme.
The Experiment Digital is a fully-funded two-month virtual summer program that helps high school-aged youth become more civically engaged by empowering them to plan and execute a community service project.
Designed to connect students across the globe without leaving their living room, participants interact through videos, discussion forums, online chats, webinars, and playing games together. Through these activities, participants develop leadership and cross-cultural communications skills, speak with peers from different countries, and design youth-led projects to create positive social change. The exchanges take place online, so students can participate from anywhere. They encourage students with diverse backgrounds to apply!
Started in 2016, The Experiment Digital is sponsored by the Stevens Initiative, a partnership aimed to increase exchanges between youth in the U.S. and the Middle East. Through this program, students from these regions take part in a cultural exchange to build friendships, mutual understanding, and global awareness. The Experiment Digital runs for eight weeks, from June 24 to August 18, 2019.
By participating in The Experiment Digital, students receive:
- A Certificate of Completion in leadership and global issues analysis
- Access to the U.S. Department of State’s International Exchange Alumni network
- Unique project funding opportunities from the U.S. Department of State, and
- A $400 scholarship towards participation in one of The Experiment’s programmes around the world.