EQUALS in Tech Awards 2019 for Projects that Empower Women and Girls Worldwide
Deadline: 1 Second
Deadline: June 11, 2019
Each year, groundbreaking initiatives from around the world are invited to submit nominations for their work to bridge the gender digital divide.
Eligible initiatives and projects should:
- Reach girls and women in an impactful way;
- Have the potential to scale or be replicated once reconfigured/adapted to other contexts;
- Be innovative
- Work in collaboration with partners
Every year, they give awards to people who are helping girls and women get equal access, skills and opportunities online and in the tech industry.
The awards demonstrate just how impactful ICTs can be for women and girls to improve their personal and professional lives. The 2019 EQUALS in Tech Award ceremony will take place in November in Berlin as a side event at the Internet Governance Forum.
Organizations and individuals can nominate their own initiatives or those of others for an award in one of the following categories:
- Access: Initiatives related to improving women’s and girls’ digital technology access, connectivity and security
- Skills: Initiatives that support the development of science, technology, engineering and math (STEM) skills of women and girls
- Leadership (In two subcategories):
- Initiatives focused on promoting women in decision-making roles within the ICT field
- Initiatives promoted by tech sector companies to bridge the digital gender divide
- Research: Initiatives prioritizing research on gender digital divides and producing reliable evidence to tackle diversity issues within STEM and computing fields.
- Winners will be flown from around the globe to attend and receive their awards, to share their inspiring stories, and to build their professional networks with other winners and attending EQUALS partners;
- They also get to meet and mingle with like-minded entrepreneurs, investors, activists, teachers, and leaders. And they join an Advisory Panel that chooses future award winners.