PORADA International Ideas Competition 2019 (Up to €10,000 in prizes)
Deadline: 2 Months
Deadline: November 8, 2019
PORADA, in cooperation with POLI.design, founded by Politecnico di Milano, announces an international ideas competition to identify new innovative concepts on different types of Sideboard and Cupboard, in which the use of solid wood is prevalent (although not necessarily exclusive) and which conveys the values and the identity of the Porada brand.
The wood, whether in natural-finish (preferably in finishes mainly used by the company), or lacquered, can be combined with metal, glass, leather, hide leather or fabric. The submitted designs shall be original and unpublished; they must enhance the use of production technologies, woodworking processes and typical finishing of the solid wood and they must respond to the principle of functionality. They must comply with the existing safety standards in force, also respecting ergonomic, environmental and sustainable design requirements.
The total prize money of € 10,000 will be allocated as follows:
- 1st prize € 3,000
- 2nd prize € 2,000
- 3rd prize € 1,000
- 1st prize € 2,000
- 2nd prize € 1,200
- 3rd prize € 800
The competition is open to:
- Professionals category: Italian and/or foreign designers working independently or employed by companies (if duly authorized by their company).
- Students category: Italian and/or foreign students enrolled in Bachelor’s or Master’s degrees and recent graduates.
The documents must be delivered in digital format via the electronic procedure above within the deadline. Each participant (or group) must submit:
- A brief report (max 3000 characters) outlining the motivations, the general concept, design features of the project and a description of the materials required.
The pdf file of the report is to be presented in portrait orientation on ISO-A4 paper (21 x 29.7 cm) and must be named ‘relazione_codice’.
The header needs to exclusively contain the alphanumeric code referred to in section 2 and any name/title of the project;
- Technical drawings consisting of three boards in landscape orientation on ISO-A3 (42 x 29.7 cm), in pdf format, composed on a layout of the board, which can be downloaded here.
The boards will contain:
- Board 1: an overview, reference scenarios and modes of use, mood board, general concept of the object in the context of use and sources of inspiration;
- Board 2: technical drawings: plans, elevations, sections, axonometric projections, exploded views, design drawings listed in the appropriate scale and specifics of the details and material choices, which are considered important;
- Board 3: representation of the object, rendering, photos of the model.
The presentation boards should be combined into a single pdf file named ‘tavole_codice’ (maximum file size 5 Mb).
- A preview image of the project, summarizing the salient features (which may correspond to the render or another image deemed important) and it will be the first image viewed by the judges to identify the project, in jpg format (maximum file size 1 Mb).
The file must be uploaded exclusively through the online procedure as described above (server connections for downloading files or files sent by regular or certified email will not be accepted).