Ashoka/Robert Bosch Stiftung ChangemakerXchange (CXC) Program Zanzibar 2019 (Funded)
Deadline: 1 Second
Deadline: June 16, 2019
Calling young social innovators program in East Africa. Applications are open for the Ashoka/Robert Bosch Stiftung ChangemakerXchange (CXC) Program Zanzibar 2019.
Co-created by Ashoka and Robert Bosch Stiftung, ChangemakerXchange is a global collaborative community for young changemakers to connect, share and develop cross-border collaborations. CXC Zanzibar will be for young social innovators from all fields across East Africa and co-hosted with Starlight and PEN Tanzania.
- ChangemakerXchange covers your travel costs to/from the venue as well as all of the conference costs for all four nights and five days (including hotel accommodation, inner city travel, food, entrance fees, etc.). However they expect you to cover your own visas, local travel to airport in your own country and from the airport to the venue in the host country (in very limited cases they may be able to support with some of these costs, please reach out to them).
- Open to Changemakers from all fields based in East Africa (Kenya, Uganda, Tanzania, Rwanda, Burundi, South Sudan, Sudan, Somalia, Djibouti, Eritrea and Ethiopia)
- Must be between 18-35 y/o
- Should lead, co-lead, have founded or co-founded their own social venture / initiative which is up and running and addresses a relevant social problem. We are unable to accept applicants with an idea only or who are volunteering for an organisation.
- Must have a good level of English that enables them to understand, present, and collaborate throughout the summit.
- Should have the skills and know-how to be part of a special community of collaborative young changemakers and be willing to play an active role within this community.
- Must be a fit with the values of the CXC community (see above)
- Must be located and have impact in an eligible country: Kenya, Uganda, Tanzania, Rwanda, Burundi, South Sudan, Sudan, Somalia, Djibouti, Eritrea & Ethiopia, DRC, Zambia, Mozambique.
Application deadline is 16th June at 23:00 CET. All participants will be notified by 15th July 2019.