UAE Sustainable Development Goals (SDG) Photography Award 2019 ($5,000 prize)
Deadline: 1 Month
Deadline: July 31, 2019
The UAE SDG Photography Award recognizes the immense power of images, to help us raise awareness as a global community reaches the goals of a better world in a unique way. The award was created to use a visual medium towards advancing awareness, and achievement of the 17 Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs).
The UAE National Committee on SDGs, in collaborations with the Hamdan bin Mohammad Rashid Al Maktoum International Photography Award (HIPA), invites all amateur and professional photographers from around the United Arab Emirates and around the world, to showcase their portfolios in the UAE’s SDG Photography Award. The categories are People, Planet, Prosperity, Peace, and Partnerships.
Prize Money for best Portfolio/Photo Per Category are as follows:
- People $5,000
- Planet $5,000
- Prosperity $5,000
- Peace $5,000
- Partnerships $5,000
Publication: 170 selected portfolios and photo will be published in a book and unveiled at the World Government Summit – SDGs in Action, Dubai, UAE, in February 2020.
- Open to amateur and professional photographers from around the United Arab Emirates and around the world;
- Participants must be individuals aged eighteen (18) years or over at the time of the Submission(s).
- You may submit up to one (1) photo in each relevant category of the Competition, except the Portfolio category (People) where you can submit between 5 – 10 Photo(s); You must provide a title and description for each Photo submitted and a description for the set of photos in the Portfolio category.
- The same photo must not be submitted in more than one (1) category. Any Photo submitted in more than one (1) category will be discarded from the Competition.
- Submitted Photo must be in JPEG format, with high quality and resolution, of a minimum 5 MB in size, the minimum of the longest edge should be no less than 2000 pixel and the quality no less than 300dpi. And to be suitable for publication.
- You are kindly requested to upload the original Photo(s) (RAW) or the Photo(s) without any editing on the time of submitting the Photo(s) to the Competition.
- For the Portfolio category, you are requested to submit a series of Photo(s) on the same subject matter. The number of permitted Photo(s) is the minimum of 5 and maximum of 10 Photo(s).
- All submitted Photo (s (must not contain any tag(s), signature(s), initial(s), frame, border(s), logo(s) or any other references and/or marks added by the Participant. Basic technical editing of the photo(s) is acceptable, provided any such editing does not affect the authenticity and/or genuineness of the Photo(s). Advanced editing used to create illusions, deceptions and/or manipulations; including compositing and creative retouching of the Photo(s) is prohibited. UAE SDGS PHOTOGRAPHY AWARD preserves the right to assess and discard from the competition any submitted Photo(s) deemed, at UAE SDGS PHOTOGRAPHY AWARD’s own discretion, contrary to the foregoing.
- Photo(s) that portray or otherwise include inappropriate and/or offensive contents, including nudity, violence and/or any other contents deemed to be contrary to the UAE religious, cultural and/or public morals traditions and practices will be disqualified.
- Photo(s) (that have won any previous award(s), whether in any UAE SDGS PHOTOGRAPHY AWARD prior competition(s), or in any other competition(s) whatsoever and announced before July 31 2019 , and/or Photo(s) that have been previously used, or are intended to be used, for any kind of commercial purposes, must not be submitted. Any Photo(s) submitted in contrary to the foregoing will be automatically and without further notice disqualified from the entire Competition.