ACT Foundation Changemakers Innovation Challenge 2019 for nonprofits and social enterprises in Africa
Deadline: 1 Second
Deadline: June 16, 2019
- The Changemakers Innovation Challenge is open to only nonprofits and social enterprises in Africa. For social enterprises, the innovative solution submitted must not be towards For-Profit-Sector ( It must be fully towards social good)
- Organizations must submit social solutions within the Foundation’s key focus areas, namely; Health, Entrepreneurship,Environment and Leadership.
- Nonprofits and Social Enterprise must be registered with the government agency in charge of organizations’ registry.
- All submissions must be innovative solutions that use technology/digital system as major tools for community impact. Show evidence of claim through provision of weblinks and other online presence.
- Organization must have been in existence for at lase two years.
- All submitted social solutions must be at growth stage and must have been tested/implemented and have direct beneficiaries. Evidence of claim through pictures,news releases,etc, must be documented and shared during the application.
- Submitted innovations must have been implemented before.
ACT Foundation is a grant-making organization established in 2016, as a national and regional non – profit organization working to address challenges and associated vulnerabilities across the African Continent. Our vision is to leverage relationships to create effective social impact solutions across Africa.
The Changemakers Innovation Challenge is conceived by ACT Foundation as a response to the impressive work of community nonprofits in Africa who are leveraging technology to create social change in rural settlements. Research shows that most nonprofits using technology/ digital tools to drive projects and build communities are coming ahead in the world and also creating lasting impact.
The challenge which is open to all countries across Africa is to support small non-profits who are using digital tools to create innovative social offerings with funding and technical support to enable them to scale up impact within the community where they presently work and beyond.
The funding support will be given to the top three winners and the people choice’s winner; furthermore technical support in the form of software, hardware, and capacity training will be given to 30 top finalists.