Global Landscapes Forum (GLF) Youth in Landscapes Camp 2019 – Accra, Ghana (Sponsorships Available)
Deadline: 1 Second
Deadline: July 14, 2019
Apply if you:
- Are between 18 and 35
- Have a passion for Sustainable Development
- Are eager to bring positive change in your own landscape
- Can easily adapt to different situations
Held in the lead-up to the GLF Accra 2019 conference from 29-30 October, this program will bring together young change-makers from around the world to take a deep, analytical look at a local community or project that has successfully achieved its goals for a more sustainable landscape.
The Global Landscapes Forum (GLF) and the Youth in Landscapes Initiative (YIL) are creating a powerful landscape experience to inform the hearts and minds of future leaders. Participants will meet in Accra, and not only learn but also contribute to and leave an impact on the hosting community.
About GLF Accra
The Global Landscapes Forum (GLF) is the world’s largest knowledge-led platform on integrated land use, dedicated to achieving the Sustainable Development Goals and Paris Climate Agreement. The Forum takes a holistic approach to create sustainable landscapes that are productive, prosperous, equitable and resilient and considers five cohesive themes of food and livelihood initiatives, landscape restoration, rights, finance and measuring progress.
GLF Accra 2019 is where you will want to be to meet the people making a difference through successful forest and landscape restoration work on the ground in Africa. Join Global Landscapes Forum in Accra in October and meet with key stakeholders making progress through successful, community-led restoration work. Find out more about the policies, partnerships, and incentives behind this work and discover how to tailor those approaches to fit other settings.
- Pre-Workshop: Prior to the workshop, participants will collaborate with organizers via Skype to conduct a gap analysis of their hosting community, and brainstorm recommendations to further improve the landscapes. By bringing their expertise and skills, they will have the possibility to collaborate with the local community on how to strengthen well-functioning features, and how to overcome pressing obstacles.
- 26 – 28 October: Youth in Landscapes Camp: With three days of interactive workshops, community building activities, and conversations with key stakeholders in the project site, youth participants will be encouraged and inspired to become front-line actors in their countries. The stories will be extensively covered through vlogs on social media. Example of projects’ topics are: gender equality and economic empowerment, afforestation or restoration of degraded lands, community resilience building, climate change adaptation, enhancing agricultural productivity and value chains.
- 29-30 October: GLF Accra 2019: After three days of activities in three different communities, participants will gather in Accra for their active involvement in GLF Accra 2019. They will have the opportunity to share their experience with experts from around the world, and to hear about stories and effective approaches to landscape restoration.