United Nations Young Professionals Programme 2019
Deadline: 4 Days
Deadline: July 21, 2019
The YPP examination is held once a year and is open to nationals of countries participating in the annual recruitment exercise. The list of participating countries is published annually and varies from year to year.
- You must have the nationality of a participating country.
- You must hold at least a first-level university degree relevant for the exam subject you are applying for.
- You must be 32 or younger in the year of the examination.
- You must be fluent in either English or French.
Each year, countries that are un- or under-represented in the United Nations, are invited to take part in the Young Professionals Programme.
Exam subjects will be announced later this year.
- Screening questions: Make sure you carefully read through the screening questions. They are intended to verify the eligibility of applicants. If you cannot answer all screening questions affirmatively you might not be eligible to take part in the YPP.
- Nationality: In the field marked “Country of Nationality”, enter the participating country under which you wish to be considered for the examination. Please note that the fields “Nationality at Birth” and “Other Nationalities” will not be considered in the eligibility screening.
- Education: It might happen that your obtained education does not correspond to any of the given choices. If your exact education is not listed in the drop-down menu, please select the closest relevant option and explain discrepancies under “Additional Comments.” Only if you find no match at all, you may choose “Other” in these two fields. The “Specialization” field will not be considered in the screening process.
- Work experience: Where more than 40 candidates of the same nationality apply for the YPP, relevant work experience will be used to rank candidates. Please be precise and succinct about your work experience.
- Languages: You must be fluent in all four areas (speak, read, write, understand) in English or French. Indicating anything less than “Fluent” in any of the four areas will render you unqualified.
- Step 1: Confirm your eligibility
- Step 2: Review the job opening – Read the job opening for the exam subject you are interested in and make sure you fulfill the requirements. The list of job openings can be found on the YPP Home page.
- Step 3: Prepare an application
- Step 4: Application evaluation
The application period for the 2019 YPP exams is now open! Applications will be accepted through 21 July. Please visit Inspira to find the job openings (JO).
You can also watch the informational video for tips on the application process. Take 5 minutes to watch and learn more!